Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thankful item #2 The next generation!

When I met my husband he was already an uncle - his niece who was a year old at the time had him wrapped around her little fingers.  It made me all mushy for him - seriously - my man with babies = mush!   The bro in laws and sister in laws continued to make babies for me to love and I now have 2 nieces and 3 nephews.

They are such fun!  When they were younger they barfed in my car, pooped on me, and taught me patience.  I have seen many baseball/soccer games, band concerts, and even a few parades featuring one or more of these (not so)little(anymore) gems.  I played barbie, blew bubbles, snuck them candies, and traumatized a few by taking them to see Monster Inc.

They are children that aren't mine but I would still die for them.  When they hurt, I hurt, when they laugh I laugh.  My children think they are the coolest people ever!  The level of excitement when I announce we are seeing them is unmeasurable.  The screams can be heard all over the neighbourhood!  

They are all getting to be teenagers - my niece went to prom last week - gah!  How can she be old enough to go to a prom???  Didn't we just go to Disney on Ice???  One nephew shaved his bieber-esque hair off to raise money for kids with cancer.  They are kind, considerate and hard working kids.  So I obviously did not infect them with my sarcasm too much.  

My nephews favourite pass time is reminding me that I am shorter than them!  They put their chins on the top of my head to rub it in!  I tease them about wearing too much cologne and am just glad that they still let me hug them.  I am no shorty - I am taller than the average female - but I married into a family of freakishly tall men - so almost all the kids are taller than me(not sure if the one niece is still shorter - she may have eaten her Wheaties and shot up a few more inches).  

I love them.  Just as they are.  And I am so thankful that I have them in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment