Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 22 - On line shopping!

I love on-line shopping!

No parking lot, no impulse buys, no cranky overworked sales people.

Just click and wait for it to arrive.

Here are my tips for holiday shopping from your lap top.

1.  Shop early and shop when there are deals.

Lots of sites offer holiday incentives like a percentage off or free shipping for the holidays.  I got my holiday cards for 40% off + free shipping because I ordered before November 16th - it saved me over $70!

2.  Check local business sites or etsy for crafters and artisans.

There are lots of amazing products out there that are one of a kind and also help support small business.

3.  Google discount codes

You'd be amazed at how many codes you can find out there that will score you free shipping or 10% off.  Boo-ya!

4.  Check out your shipping options.

I am lucky enough to live close to the Canadian/American border.  I take advantage of this by checking if I can get free shipping to a store or to a US address.  Most stores now have separate billing and shipping addresses.  I saved $30 by shipping to a US address, and when I picked it up I only paid $2.50 to the parcel shop.

A few of my favourite things?

L.L. Bean - free shipping  no minimum purchase - sign - they make a mean pleated high waisted pant but if you can get past that they have some other great things such as outer wear.
Garnish - my new favourite place!!  Food grade packaging for those inexpensive homemade teacher gifts.  Gotta get your Super Mom points anywhere you can!
Shutterfly - I am in love with the easy photo books!
Ebay - land of the hard to find!  Watch the shipping costs though and if you are bidding know the items value so you don't get into a bidding war where you over pay.
Amazon - .com not .ca - you need a US address for this but they have some great deals.  Black Friday and Cyber Monday are great days to hang out here!
Toysrus - Free shipping when you spend $100 so if you can do all the toy shopping you need to in one shot DO IT!
Lee Valley Tools - Cool kitchen gadgets, impossible to buy for males gifts, and if it is the same as other years no shipping costs on gift cards.  Stuff those dad and father in law stockings STAT!
Juliet's Room - Canadian made organic face & bath goodies
Tuscan Farm Gardens - Locally made lavender bath products,
Outside In Cosmetics - Locally made cosmetics that are made without all that junk!
      **Outside In let me know they are currently offering - Spend $25 and get a free lipgloss - I'm partial to the Vancouver shade.  

Hmmm I may shop too much!!!  Nahhh no such thing ;)

PS The fire log channel is back - hideous yet classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment