Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 21 - Unplugging for Christmas

Do you live attached to a device - something that has 3G or wifi?

Can you make it a whole hour without checking your phone - let alone a whole day?

In our house we are a tad too connected.
I have to separate from my phone?  Is that even legal???
Hubs is self employed - and that means clients call and email him at all different times of day and night.  Holiday or weekend does not matter - ding ding ding goes his #*&)*#&! phone.  In all fairness I am just as bad sometimes with this blog or the ever exciting facebook/twitter jazz.

Instead of playing teacher, nurse or fireman - my kids prop open books and announce they are working on their lap tops. "I can't come right now mom, I am working!"  Calculators are their iphones and they are 100% fluent in apple tv, netflix, and itunes.

Last year I laid down the smack WWE style - if you brought a device and started texting at my Christmas - I'd clothesline your @$$ so fast you didn't know what hit you.  Hubs snuck off to the loo to check his email I'm sure ;)

Talk?  What is this talking you speak of?
Consider this a warning - if you come hang out with me I will slap you upside the head if I hear dings and beeps around the tree.  If you must - feel free to tweet from the toilet where I won't bother you.  Otherwise - shut it down!  You are spending time with the people in front of you - not someone down the street or across town.  If you can't be with the people you love - set aside a time to contact them but don't spend the day texting under the tree.

Rant over!

PS. You can now find Nut Like Crazy on facebook!  Come over and 'like' me.  You can also click over on the side column to share this bloggy blog on your facebook or twitter.  Shameless self promotion over.

No comments:

Post a Comment