Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 17 - Twas the night before

We have several family traditions on Christmas Eve - one of them being the reading of The Night Before Christmas.  Everyone has a different version of this book.  I grew up with the one illustrated by Tasha Tudor.  Sadly I can't find my exact version online but I found another version she did - click here to see.

This is our book!
When I was about 25 I found a copy of it exactly like the one I had grown up with.  I had no kids at the time but knew I needed to have a copy.  So I shelled out the big bucks for a hard cover book that now is read by Mr. Handsome to out sweet angels on Christmas Eve.  Every time we read our copy we write down in the front - the year, who read it, who listened, and anything special - such as Missy pointing out 'tee-ta' aka Santa. I forgot Missy did that - sigh - my babies are growing.


As a child, I would stare at this page for hours - I still want that doll house!!

No comments:

Post a Comment