Like using the toilet. Pre-kid (aka PK) going to the bathroom occurred like this :
- walk into bathroom
- turn on light
- close door
- proceed to use clean toilet
- wash hands
- turn off lights and open the door
Now Post-kid (Po-K):
- Sense urge to use the loo while chasing new puppy down the hall, as said new puppy has grabbed my new and super cute ballet flats.
|Super cute ballet flats!!|
- Break apart fighting children.
- Chase shoe stealing puppy again - this time with my pink flip flop
- Decide I may pee my pants if I don't get to the bathroom. Start undoing my pants as I run/walk to the loo. Peeing my pants is becoming a close reality.
- Walk into bathroom. No need to turn on the light as 6 year old left it on. Leave door open so I can hear if children start fighting again, and so new puppy doesn't scratch the new trim or door.
- Notice toilet is full of a #2 but no toilet paper. Gag. Flush
- Sit down - which is the silent command for Dude to push Missy, and Missy to retaliate with a fist to the side of Dude's head.
- Dog goes running by with the other ballet flat in her mouth
- Suddenly overtaken by the strong odour of pee. Lean over and see puddle on base and behind toilet left by obviously aim deficient Dude
- Yell at dog running by again, this time with Missy's knock off pink Ugg
|If I could make this face - I would!|
- Pull up pants, flush, walk out of bathroom while doing up my belt. Find Missy and instruct her to go wipe her bottom, flush, and wash her hands
- Find Boy and tell him that peeing on the toilet, wall and floor is disgusting. Make mental note to have hubby give aiming lessons to Dude.
- Give Dude lysol wipe and point to areas to be cleaned. Have Dude wash hands.
- Take another wipe and clean around the toilet just in case the 6 year old didn't do thorough job.
- Wash my own hands finally.
- Turn out light as I leave bathroom.
- Track down shoe stealing dog and reclaim faux Ugg, ballet flat, and flip flop.
|Let's not even discuss making breakfast!|